Sue of Palatable Pastime invited us to join her for an ice cream social today. "Join in for a fun posting with frozen treats of any kind, such as ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato,sorbets, ices, affogatos, malts and shakes, ice cream cakes, ice cream pies, ice cream sandwiches, sundaes, popsicles, what have you," she wrote. 'Tis the season.
Here are the what the other cool gals are bringing to the #IceCreamSocial...
- Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cowtipper Shake by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Nutella Popsicles by All That's Jas
- Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Old Fashioned Cola Float by Family Around the Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No Churn Ice Cream by Cooking with Carlee
- Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Sour Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Honey Sorbet by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Strawberry Peaches & Cream Popsicles with Gingersnap Crumbles by Tip Garden
"Mom," R commented, "you have never made chocolate ice cream." True. I usually stick to the fruity flavors. So, we fixed that...and he declared it the best chocolate ice cream he'd ever had! As far as the name - Chocolate Mousse - R said that it was just like frozen mousse. He loves mousse.
D disagreed that it was the best ever, but admitted, "It's not too bad, Mommy."
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t ground cinnamon